NASIMCO is an umbrella organization for the followers of the Shia faith in North America. Its mission is to provide a common structure and framework to meet the religious, cultural and social needs of the Shia within its area of operation.
NASIMCO exists to enhance social and religious excellence of Islamic Shia Ithna-asheri communities in North America.
Islamic Shia Ithna-asheri communities in North America are caring communities.
NASIMCO will harness talents and resources available in member communities for the greater good of global humanity and our communities.
- Assist in the establishment and running of centers where our communities reside and promote continuous improvement of member communities through sharing of best practices.
- Encourage, promote and nurture our communities to alleviate human suffering throughout the world.
- Promote and encourage innovative intra-faith and inter-faith relationships at local and national levels.
- Develop and nurture relationships with our Marja'iat, and world and regional Islamic Shia Ithna-asheri bodies.
- Provide support on issues affecting Islamic Shia Ithna-asheri communities.
- Establish and/or support Islamic institutes of higher learning that can respond to the needs of our communities.
In all our activities, we will be guided by Islamic values that will include but not limited to:
- Sincerity and Humility
- Honesty and Integrity
- Commitment and Steadfastness
- Unity and Teamwork
- Open and respectful
- Hard work and excellence
- Equity and Justice
- Transparency and Accountability